Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Auction Quilt Top : puzzle

The first of the four auction quilt tops is pieced. This one is for a preschool. The teachers come up with the plan for the kids, then hand over the squares to be turned into a quilt however I like. I like how it looks - small, from afar, like this.


Kind of cute with preschoolers I guess, but marker artwork isn't my favorite thing. I do like how the whirygiggles lock like puzzle pieces, mirroring their theme.

I think I'll free motion outline the kids' puzzles and stipple everywhere else.

I have one more kid-artwork quilt to do and the finial ticker tape blocks are coming home. Can't wait to show you that one!

15 comments:

Lara said...

It's looking brilliant Ange!

Rene' said...

Another beautiful project. Your creativity inspires me.

Jenny said...

I think this is great Angela! love the puzzle pieces plus whirlygigs!

Life of Joy said...

Love it. How sweet. I would be surprised if the preschool itself did not bid on it to hang on a wall. I guess that would not be much of a fundraiser though.

Funny, my next quilt (for Ross) will be a whirlygig I think.

Stephanie said...

Looks great, and I like your idea of outlining the puzzle pieces and stippling the rest. Whirlygigs are really cool :)

Jackie said...

What a sweet quilt! Love the whole idea.

Leslie said...

this looks so great

shellysquilts said...

This is so cute! It should make y'all alot of money! Very well done!

L Johnson said...

Very cute, Love the cute art work by the students! Great fabric and design!

Dresden Quilter said...

This is a great quilt. I like the markers and the puzzle pieces. I am getting tired coming up with adjectives to say how great your work is! :-)

Allie said...

That is so stinkin' cute! I think do a stipple will be perfect. Great job!

Diane said...

This is great! The whirlygigs are perfect and realy take this from childrens art to a beautiful quilt!

Purple Quilter Queen said...

That is just adorable!! Jenn

Rebekah said...

beautiful! What a great combo of pieced blocks and kid art.

jaybird said...

cute!! i hope it helps to raise lots of money!!