Wednesday, March 31, 2010

b.i.p.

Bees in Progress...

As I mentioned before, I got a great pile of Vintage Sheets and then lucked out and found a Vintage Sheet quilt bee to join right away. It is a bit of a challenge since I usually don't work with either pastels or florals! And there isn't a lot of value contrast with these vintage sheets. But I'm loving all the soft, spring blocks everyone is making.


I'm nearly late finishing the March string block.



But way on top of the April pinwheel - we needed to use the blue/green floral and soft yellow solid - but free reign after that. If you click on over to the flickr group, in Jane's instructions she has a FUN gallery of crazy pinwheels. I can't resist a wonky log-cabinish block, so that's how I went.

12 comments:

Dresden Quilter said...

These are beautiful. I love the vintage sheets.

Kris said...

What a cool idea for a bee. Do you use your own vintage sheets, or do people still send out fabric each month?
I really like how the pinwheel block came out. A solid background really sets off the prints!

Anonymous said...

Great job on the vintage spring blocks!

wishes, true and kind said...

That IS a fun idea for a bee. Very pretty blocks -- just perfect for Spring!

Stephanie Hughes said...

Angela, love the squares...especially how you added th extra little block in the border of the square. I have never seen that before and it makes me want to do that randomly somewhere in one of my quilts. THanks for sharing it. I have tons of vintage sheets/feedsacks that I have collected over the years so I know wonderful they can be. Nice!

Rene' said...

Angela, both of these blocks are great. I'm seeing a lot of vintage sheet projects popping up. So pretty.

Dee said...

Just love the vintage pinwheels. Saw these this morning and they are gorgeous!

Leslie said...

i love the string block? is that yours?

Stephanie said...

What a great idea to join a bee after you got all those vintage sheets. This would definitely seem challenging to me, I'm not a huge fan of floral pastel fabric either.

Rebekah said...

Cute blocks! Thanks for putting the fabrics to use and doing them justice!

chris baker said...

I love these blocks, there is something so soft and delicate about them.

Aunt Spicy said...

Both blocks are fabulous! I have so many vintage sheets (some from the family, some that I have thrifted) and I have not figured out what to make yet! But your squares are a great idea!