Thursday, September 30, 2010

Swap Pincushion

 Another fun swap!  The Scrappy Pincushion Swap
 (and my white and blue pumpkins from TJs - I love them!)


Some bits of quartered Neptune charms were hexed, then I lined the underside with fusible fleece.   I stuffed it with a very fine grain lizard litter.  My favorite for the heft it gives to a pincushion.  

I'm hoping that fleece lining will make sure the grains don't sneak out of hexagon seams.


I kind of tufted it with a button on the top and bottom.  I think that keeps it in a nice, firm shape.  I like my pins to stay where they are stuck.  

Sending it off today.....I hope my partner enjoys it!

8 comments:

Kris said...

I love it! so cute!

Leslie said...

i am sure she is going to love it. it is so pretty. i love neptune fabric

Dee said...

if she doesn't and ends up returning it...well, I'm just sayin'!

beautiful and very well thought out!

mascanlon said...

Gorgeous...can I pretend to be your partner and give you a forwarding address?

Stephanie said...

Love it!!!!!

Mary said...

So pretty! And lizard litter? Who knew! :-)

Sarah Craig said...

How beautiful! Makes you want to sew!!

Purple Quilter Queen said...

So cute! The pumpkin is an awesome color too! Never seen one like that before. Jenn