Friday, May 27, 2011

Goodbye Hobson - Quilts complete

We love Hobson.   

Sadly, the school year is over and it was time to say goodbye.  Becket had to have a picture in front of the new sign they put up for summer camp - with the gift box he decorated for our Director.


The box actually had two fun banners in it.  Patrice had won my auction quilt last year, so I wanted to make her something that could be enjoyed AT Hobson.  Can't believe I didn't take pictures of them!

Now, his two teachers - Hobson has the BEST teachers - each got their own quilt.  I loved making the quilts for them.


I want to share details of each quilt in their own post, so for now, you can get a large view of each.  Styled and photographed by my resident director - Becket.  This one is called "Symmetry".



And this one is simply "Green".  Becket, his teacher, and I all LOVE green.


Um, Becket, the pictures don't work well when the camera is half upside down.  Give it back now, please.


"I just need to take one of me first, Mom."

Becket with his teachers in his favorite spot - by the building stuff on the Blue Rug

Thank you Hobson, for letting Becket explore and be little.  

How lucky we are to have had you.


8 comments:

Kris said...

What a great gift! Both look spectacular.

Audrie said...

Awww I couldn't help but smile :) Great job on the quilts!

Kati said...

Those are amazing gifts. I'm sure they were thrilled. I especially love the green one. Great design!

Impera Magna said...

What a cutie pie is your Becket... and a great photographer too!

Sharripie said...

What generous gifts for your son's teachers! I'm sure they'll think fondly of both of you whenever they snuggle up in them.

Lee said...

Beautiful quilts, and such generous gifts! My daughter is back at her preschool for another year, but I can't imagine how tough it will be for both of us when she's done!

Leslie said...

wow Angela, these quilts are amazing. i am sure those teachers were more than thrilled to have these

Purple Quilter Queen said...

Awesome!! What great gifts they will always remember Becket by! Jenn