Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Ready to Go

The binding is on, ready to work on at my Gram's.

I put the final join at the bottom left, as you really won't see it where this quilt is going to hang because I didn't want to see an awkward break in the pattern. Of course, it somehow worked out perfectly! I certainly couldn't plan it that well.


I'm bringing a few of my quilts to show her. And while I'm there I'll try to take a picture of the first weaving I did in grade school. I made it into a pillow and Gram still has it on her couch.




Finally, be sure to go over to the Moda Bake Shop - Julie has a super cute pincushion tutorial up. I thought they would make cute bowl fillers or baby gifts, too (without the pins of course!). Visit her blog while you're at it for a fun giveaway.

7 comments:

Liz Jimenez said...

Love that pink & red striped binding! Have a great trip. I also loved that pincushion pattern... may have to make a few!

Liz @ teeny tiny quilts

Anonymous said...

Someday I may be able to bind like that, first I must learn how;) Your quilts are great! Have a fun visit with your Gram. Thanks for sharing the link for the pin cushions.

Julianna said...

Do you hold the binding with hair clips while your sewing? instead of poky pins? great idea!

heather said...

Looks like you have some quilt goodness going on in that picture!:) Have fun at your grams. I LOVE that she still has it on her couch!!! Aren't grandmas GREAT!!!!

Mushyhed said...

Loving the binding alot!!! Have a good visit with your gram.

peaknits said...

Your Gram sounds so special - I think that is wonderful - I have a special Gramma too! Your binding is gorgeous on that quilt!

Little Lady Patchwork said...

Have a good visit! I'll be looking for those quilts!