Poor picnic quilt kept getting put to the side! Now the top is done.
I love these whirlygiggles. I used the dimensions AmandaJean gave on her blog. I really liked the proportions of her pieces as well as the large size.
I knew the blocks would not be square - even with the seam, one edge is longer than the other.
You end up with extra on all four sides. Which is perfect for me! I lined my ruler up on the mid lines and trimmed 5 3/8" out from the center all around. Happy, square blocks!
I tried to outsmart myself, though and cut a couple of long, folded strips to piece. That works great for the white that doesn't have a right side. But all the prints ended up 'whirling' the wrong way.
I have a nice bag of these for another time now. I was careful not to flip my template upside down, but forgot about the fabric! So beware.
I also finished up my nine patch blocks with a super random group. Now it is onto the dreaded sashing - my least favorite thing.
Keep guessing on my trip! I'll pick the Neptune winner tomorrow.