Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Rulers!

 Did you see this?  
It's my name at the bottom of Pat Sloan's post today!

  

 Seriously, I screamed.  And Mark came running to ask if there was a mouse or something bad.  
Nope.  Just the winner of a fantastic prize!


I get one of each - I'm especially excited about the 16.5" square.  I hate squaring up using just my mat grid.  I don't think it's as accurate.

And they sharpen your rotary blade as you cut.  How cool is that.

AND it's not fabric - a prize that doesn't count against my stash.  
Awesome 
(especially since I was forced to place a FabricShack order this week - more on that when it arrives)

 

I can't wait for them to arrive.   I think I could have used them and their grippy backs on this lovely diamond block.  

Both of those fabrics are beautiful voile.  My first time working with it, and it's a bit slippery!  Plus it's a swap block and the fabric was limited and not mine.  So super nervous about missing a cut.

I do love that sophisticated Anna Maria Horner, though!

17 comments:

Dresden Quilter said...

Congratulations! The block looks fantastic!

Leslie said...

woo hoo!!! you know i am excited for you. these are going to make things so much easier for you and the sharpening feature is a huge bonus.

Nichole said...

congrats! that's awesome! :)

9patchnurse said...

Yay! Congratulations. Make sure to let us know how you like them. They look great!

Evelyn said...

Oh, you lucky duck!! I'm excited for you! Can't wait to hear how you like them!

Sharrieboberry said...

Congratulations! Let us know how you like the new rulers! They look waaaay cool.

Emily said...

Congrats! Your block looks awesome too! I love that little folks fabric!

~Michelle~ said...

Yay! I was excited to see that you had won! And yeah, I would love that 16.5" square ruler too :)

badlandsquilts said...

Congrats!

Hotquilts said...

Congratulations on your win! What a wonderful surprise! Please tell me what you think of the rulers in a little while after you've used them some. Thanks

Dolly said...

Congratulations.....that's a great prize.

I won over on her site the other day and had that email waiting for me when I woke up one morning.......it's a fun feeling. I didn't scream, though......well, maybe I squealed a bit !

Julie said...

Congrats! I know you must be very excited - isn't that a great feeling? Be sure and let us know how you like them - I really think I have to order at least one to try them out. . .

Sarah Craig said...

Congratulations! I, too, am curious as to how well they work, particularly the sharpening feature. I go through blades like crazy!

Kris said...

When I saw your name I was super excited for you! You'll have to tell me what you honestly think of them. I've been thinking of getting a new smaller rectangular ruler...

amy smart said...

Woo! You totally scored! It couldn't have gone to a more deserving quilter. :)

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

Congratulations on your great win! Enjoy:)

Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

That's awesome ! I so want one of these rulers!