Sunday, April 03, 2011

Stash Update : week 14

I just clicked on my Stash 2011 tag - I haven't posted about it since the first one of the year!

Well, I've been good and using my stash, so not much to report.  I've used/sent away 21 yards in the last couple months.  Making pillows, the Hobson quilts, and donating 2" strips to the Quilts for Quake Survivors.  


(Shipping note - that's called a Regional Rate box A.  It's a new postage class and lands in between the tiny priority small and the most costly medium.  You  may want to look into it if you send lots of fabric.  I fit over 8.5 yards of strips in that box and it wasn't yet full.)
 

But now I must update the Fabric IN, as the mail man has dropped quite a bit at my door this week.  These lovely pieces arrived from Sew Fresh fabrics.


And some prints from Fabric Shack.


Along with solids I HAD TO HAVE.  See, I bought a pattern because I loved the colors on the front.  Then I needed the colors.....so a little over 13.5 yards in this week.


I also popped in the resale shop downtown and was super lucky.  I never find vintage sheets, and I hit a jackpot.  Those don't count...I can't be bothered to add vintage sheet yardage up, so when I use them they don't go in either column. The summary:
 
Busted: 21.036
Purchased: 13.63 yards
Net YTD: (20.594)


In between, I spent a significant amount of time on a little project.  The fabric was sent to me and it didn't get recorded In or Out.  We'll finally get to see it tomorrow!

4 comments:

Kati said...

I love that Seeing Squares pattern, especially the colors. I would love to make it.

You make perfect cathedrals! So beautiful. I can't wait to see the rest.

Kris said...

Oh my goodness, I love the solids! I also love that pattern. Maybe once life calms down, I'll sew that one up :)

leigh said...

That IS a great pattern.

And I was going to try to keep track of my fabric usages this year (but not purchases - haha) but haven't quite gotten it together yet. I thought it might make me feel better because I really have been trying hard to use my stash. Yesterday was only the 2nd time this year I purchased fabrics!

Are you going to do a tutorial on your new cathedral windows technique? It's SO cool!

Elizabeth Dackson said...

I love that Seeing Squares pattern, would love to see how it goes for you!! And I saw your MBS pattern this morning, I was so excited to see a name I knew. Good for you!! :)