Friday, October 30, 2009

mini five: Snow Fun

The big star and the fabrics made me think of a snow fall.



Add in super cute Munki Munki snow men, and you have 'Snow Fun'!



I wasn't sure about his one, but once I added those red pieces and framed it with the red binding, everything seemed to come together wonderfully!




This one finished at 14 x 17.5" and of course I used several Figgy Pudding honey bun strips, along with a few larger cuts, and some random white that was in my stash.

My husband is wondering if I'm ever going to do anything but sew in the near future. That would be AFTER the November 15th event, or when I'm done (which is hopefully before midnight on November 14th!)

10 comments:

Life of Joy said...

Great job. How many do you have left? How are you doing the binding on the mini's? I had no problem with it on my big quilt but it turned out horrible on my mini.

Life of Joy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dresden Quilter said...

I am going to have to create new words for how amazing each one is. What happens to them when the tea is over?

Rene' said...

You are really making progress on your minis. They are all great. I keep wanting to make one...maybe if I finish my other projects soon. Enjoy the weekend.

amy smart said...

Oh goodness. Those little snowmen and so precious! Another wonderful star too!

Karen said...

Another beautiful mini! I don't know how you get so much done so quickly. I actually order some of that fabric (1/2 yards) after seeing all of these sweeties. I love that munki munki. I wanted to be a munki munki "sewer" but I haven't been lucky yet in finding any of the PJs at Marshalls or TJ Max :(

Little Lady Patchwork said...

You are really on a roll! The snowman is too cute.

How many of these are you going to make?...and yes...I am the same way, done the day before it is needed! Literally sewing the binding on at the last minute.

Leslie said...

i love those snowmen!! they are so cute. you are really doing an awesome job on these.

Anonymous said...

I love that star patern and the snowmen are just too cute!

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

i love you you are just going for it with these mini quilts! no rules.. no equal borders.. just fun!