Thursday, December 29, 2011

Finished Greek Cross and a confused Gnome

Wait, what month is it?  Mr. Gnome isn't one to complain but he's a little disoriented - what with January nearly upon us and no winter in sight.

gnome friend

I am super happy about this weirdly mild weather - my numerous friends with ice rinks filling their back yards, no so much.  So, I can't shout my excitement too loudly.

Modern Quilt Blogger dream weather is what I will label this weirdness.  I have a boat load of finished quilts that are screaming for their photo shoots - and lucky enough to have my personal slaves children home to help hold quilts up.

Greek Cross

Greek Cross in Red, Blue, and Goldfish

This is one of my mom's favorites, and I agree.  I pulled a bunch of fabulous reds, gathered my clear blues, and tossed in a few of Heather Ross's adorable swimming fish.

Greek Cross

The Greek Cross is a fun one to make - it goes together so nicely, then the fun quartered squares show up in between when you line them all up.

Most of my quilts have a pieced back of some sort, but this time I went with a solid piece of pretty, blue linen.  Combined with the stipple it gives the quilt a wonderful drape.  I also made friends with my spray basting issues and things went perfectly with the wiggly linen here.

Greek Cross

I had a comment left when I was lamenting the stiff issues of spray basting and was given the image of spraying a light coat of Pam on a pan.  I also noticed that it seems to kind of set up after just a bit.  So if you stick down your quilt top and wait just a bit, it's stickier then peeling it up right away.

Thank you to the sunny weather, I have listed this quilt in my etsy shop.

Greek Cross

6 comments:

amy smart said...

I really love this quilt, Angela! I may just need to make one like it.

We are having weirdly mild weather too. Personally I love it, but I'm afraid that we'll have blizzards in April, which would be worse than snow now. Hmm . . will be interesting to see. In the mean time, I'm not complaining.

Katie B said...

Love this quilt, Angela! And it's going to be 65 here tomorrow. No complaints.

Ulla's Quilt World said...

Hi! Greetings from Finland! Your quilts are so fantastic! It's so nice to find other quilters all around the world! www.quiltworld2.blogspot.com
Yours, Ulla

M-R Charbonneau said...

Love the colours and pattern of this quilt, Angela! Beautiful!

CitricSugar said...

Very pretty, Angela. Just gorgeous.

Carla said...

Very nice quilt. Love the little fish thrown in!