Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I love Scraps

Becket caught eye of the scraps next to my cutting table and HAD to start stifing through them.  He wanted to make sure I wouldn't toss them out before he got home from school. 


He grabbed a couple and ran up to put them in his room, "I love Scraps!".  Can't blame him, the little pile tried to lure me in as well, but I stepped away as I really don't need any more scraps :)

The Holiday Bazaar went really well.  It was a fast and fun couple of hours.  It started right after mass at 10 and ended about noon.


I sold 3 of the 6 covered notebooks from the last post, several crayon wallets, and a whole BUNCH of earbud pouches.  I had noticed that they were also the perfect size for a rosary - tucked one in and that's what went over so well with the moms at our school.  I was excited that they thought they are as fun as I do for holding a rosary.

I would show you the cute Crate and Barrel tree I found to display the pouches at the Bazaar, but my phone is not being helpful and refuses to send the photo.  Any easy way to get photos off your phone and onto the computer for use besides email?!  It's driving me up the wall.


So, that's what is on my cutting table right now.

8 comments:

Katie B said...

The bazaar sounds like a success! I love the ear bud/rosary holder idea. My mom would love that.

Do you have the Flickr app on your phone? I upload my photos through that.

Joanie's Trendy Quilts said...

I was listening to a video on the different threads and the presenter stated that all quilters were hoarders. It is so difficult not to save every bit and piece of fabric because they are so pretty. But after while they do seem to accumulate and I have learned only recently to throw them away. I had gone through a large container of scraps and ended up throwing them away after keeping them for several years! Happy to hear you were successful at the Holiday Bazaar. The covered booklets are beautiful and how sweet that the earbud pouches have a better use to keep a rosary.

Stephanie said...

Glad your craft fair went well! Hmmm... can't wait to see what you're working on now!!

Anonymous said...

My son loves my scrap pile, too. He's constantly throwing it around. Unfortunately, he's not so good at cleaning it up!

Karen said...

Circles and zippers... how intriguing... and I love the idea of the rosary holder... as for photos... mine has a cord with a usb connection, but, the one I had previously did not... so, I checked with my service provider and they sold me (under $10)a mini memory card, similar to a camera card but tiny... and it came with an adapter, so I could insert it into the computer slot... good luck!

Dee said...

Congratulations on the sells! What an awesome validation and encouragement to have other people like what you do for a hobby so much that they will pay for what you make! Quite a compliment!

Merry Christmas to you and yours. Hugs those boys tight and enjoy!

Rene' said...

So glad the bazaar was a success!!! Love the idea of using the ear bud holders for tucking inside a rosary. Will definitely be stealing that idea....unless there are zippers involved? Merry Christmas Angela!

LT said...

That's great that the bazaar was a success! As for getting the pics off your phone, it depends upon the phone, but most if you plug into your computer with the USB, it will act as basically one of the USB flash drives and you should be able to get to the pics (usually in a DCIM? or is DCMI? folder). Hope that works for you! And thanks for blogging about your creations and adventures.