Saturday, December 17, 2011

I did it!

mini moo cards

I have been wanting to open an etsy shop for more than a year. I finally did it and stuck a link over there on the right!

stack of crayon wallets
I used the Holiday Bazaar as a hard deadline for getting a bunch of stuff done at once, planning on listing things that didn't sell. A major reason I've been putting off the shop is that I didn't want to open it with just a couple of things.

Then I had to actually FILL and OPEN the shop.

Wise words from my friend Stephanie - There's a lot to learn, just jump right in and learn along the way.

rosary pouch

So I did last night. And woke to find my first sale! May be my only one, but it's very exciting.

I'll be photographing, listing, and more making this weekend. And some Christmas fun along the way!


Another good quilty friend mentioned a Flickr app to get photos from my phone uploaded.  It was super easy - I don't know how I had missed knowing about that app.  So I was able to upload the Crate and Barrel tree I mentioned in my last post.  It was super cute at the Bazaar with all the zipper pouches hanging like ornaments. 

Have a very Merry Christmas!  

I'll be off for the next week or so, then back with a year end stash report.  Even though I haven't been reporting weekly as I did last year, I have been tracking just as carefully.



.

8 comments:

LSS said...

Congrats on your shop! BTW, I have the exact same Kitchenaid mixer, haha!

Beth

Heather D. said...

I've been following along with your blog for a little while now, and will for sure check out your shop. Congratulations, and way to go for being brave enough to just jump in and do it!

Stephanie said...

I'm so happy you started your shop! It's a lot of fun and a great community, glad you jumped right in and congrats on your first sale!!! Here's to many, many, more!!!! Happy Sewing!!

CitricSugar said...

That's great - good for you!!

Best of luck with your shop!

Vicki said...

Congrats on getting your shop opened!

Robin said...

Congratulations! Best of luck to you! :)

Leslie said...

this is so exciting...i am so happy for you. i can not wait to go and check things out

Lee said...

Congrats on your new shop! I definitely want to buy one of your earbud circles! But I'm not loving fabric in the ones you currently have listed. Do you have any more of them in the works? I don't have anything specific in mind, although I love the ones in your picture that use Full Moon Dot, Park Slope, and Weekends. Thanks! : )