Friday, October 28, 2011

Sashing Love?!

So I attacked the sashing on Tuesday and even though it was only 4 little strips I was so glad to finally get it done.

sashed!

And amazingly, by the time I did the last two I didn't hate them. I actually kind of liked my crazy idea of making and cutting the sashing in bulk. What was really nice about it was that the sashing strips were nice, clean, fresh-cut edges all along their length. I think that made a big difference in their attaching enjoyment. And I even had to smile at doing the easing.

sashed!

Several of the cornerstone blocks ended up looking like this. Nice and square. I may actually do a bit more sashing now!

.

6 comments:

http://thankfullga447 said...

It looks great, love the fabrics. I have to finish mine still. I like you went with the darker colors.

Katie B said...

Woo hoo! Good job!

leigh said...

i really love those corners in the sashing! they look awesome :)

QuiltNut Creations said...

it looks fabulous!

Leslie said...

good for you for conquering that one. you have made the sashing look gorgeous and doable.

Stephanie said...

I love the little squares in the sashing. Nice job!