Whoa - it was way back almost exactly two months ago that I started this sashing?! I can't believe I made it sit and wait for so long. Benefits of a blog I guess, you know how long LONG actually is.
Part of the two month ignore has to do with my little experiment not working, though.
When I sew things end-to-end like a long line of sashing and cornerstones, I tend to drift. So the finished product wouldn't line up with the edge of a long ruler, it would drift off at like a 15deg angle. No matter how hard I try. Not sure what the deal is there. So I thought I could perhaps make a big block of 8"wide grey/3"wide pattern/8"wide grey.....then just cut my 3" wide strips from the big final piece.
But, I drifted. And even though I made them longer to account for such drift, it was still off enough at each end that I had to resew a couple to get enough sashing strips! Bah. And then I had to ease them all in anyway because I was a tad off between the sashing and the rows of blocks.
So I continue my hate of sashing and borders. For sure my least favorite part of quilting.