Friday, June 08, 2012

Comfort Squares

One of the women from the Mother's Day retreat lost her sister.

So, of course we're making her a quilt.  Flaun proposed the idea, and we all jumped at the chance to be part of a comfort quilt.

Monica's colors

We're going to make a large teal and yellow star.  Each of us taking a solid square or HST, and making a QAYG block.

Monica's ribbons

Flaun is going to collect them all, then assemble the final quilt.

I took two of the HSTs - stipple and ribbons on this first one.

Monica's flowers

My dandelion pattern and pebbles on the second.

It's going to be such a happy quilt when it's done - I can't wait to see what other fabrics and quilting patterns the group will use.

.

4 comments:

Flaun of I Plead Quilty! said...

I absolutely love the pebbles on the dots and that yellow gingham is too cute!

CitricSugar said...

What a kind thing to do... It'll be lovely when it's finished.

Emily said...

This is a super sweet thing to do - and actually a fun idea for a more advanced bee! :) Imagine receiving all your bee blocks and only having to bind them all together! :)I'm sure your friend will love this!

quirky granola girl said...

so sweet. and you are so good about fulfilling commitments early. i still need to make my blocks...