Friday, June 01, 2012

Stash Deficit Celebration

I have been tracking my stash since 2010 - this was my first post

Started at zero - even with lots of fabric filling my china cabinet.  I never would have started if I had to try and get a starting number.


My method of fabric in/out has ended up staying the same since those first weekly reports.  Although, now I just group things by month in my spreadsheet, instead of weekly.  I carry over the balance at the end of the year into the beginning of the next.

After the quilt for Becket's teacher I went negative!!

-2.178yds!!!

The first time since the start of 2010!  Seriously - I was dancing around.


But then, I Ordered fabric - And I'm going to say that it's all Amanda Jean's fault.  Or something like that. The envelope arrived, literally bursting at the seams.

One of the women from the retreat was asking about favorite online fabric sites, so I wanted to send her a link for The Fabric Shack - that's when I saw they had the new Ghastlies.

I already have several of the prints and have a quilt planned with them for this summer.


The new flowery bramble and wall of portraits couldn't be passed up.


Look at that beloved Matriarch.


And did you realize that Sebastian is their son?  Is he a warlock?

His Errant Wife, Daria, is just fabulous. 


I ordered a full yard - be sure to get at least 20" for the full repeat.

You wouldn't want to miss a single family member!


But then, some other stuff fell into my cart.


And this lot is TOTALLY Amanda Jean's fault - I found some fabrics that I thought would be super fun for a second FMQ - QAYG sampler.


Let's see if I can get back to zero in less than 2 1/2 years this time!

.



7 comments:

Impera Magna said...

Congratulations for (momentarily) attaining a negative stash number! That is quite an achievement!

Love the Ghastlies fabrics... what fun!

Elizabeth Dackson said...

Oooh, I love that last photo - reminds me of your pink lemonade quilt!! Good for you tracking your stash and getting to a negative number! You'll totally get there again :)

Dawnmarie's Life said...

It is so completely YOUR fault. :-) Just had to share the blame. Because of you I had to go buy more fabric. I love the ghastlies and had not seen the portrait wall prints. Those are awesome! Now I'm debating another ghastlie purse. . . .

Leslie said...

isn't it funny how fabric just falls into the "shopping cart"...that seems to be happening to me a lot lately(some salt air and some coquette). the ghastlies look pretty fun.

CitricSugar said...

LOL! Congrats and condolences.

Jenny said...

way to go angela! im sure it wont take 2.5 years again!!
but oooohhh nooooo....im going to 'need' some of those Ghastlies!

quirky granola girl said...

you crack me up :)
but i did have a panic attack yesterday when i put away all of the fabrics that i had set aside to try to fit into the farmer's wife quilt. i really did get short of breath and sweaty. and guess what? i ordered fabric again today.

i think i'm hopeless.