Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Paper Pieced Star

This month in the {Sew}Beautiful Bee, Kati asked for paper pieced stars.

...using an amazing array of yellows and greys, that she has been collecting for a long time.  Here's her post on the quilt plan.


I loved her fabrics so much, I pinned them.  For me, awesome yellow and grey are the most difficult to find.

I really enjoy paper piecing, so I was excited to pick out a block for her. I made a Rolling Star - paper pieced pattern on Quilter's Cache.

kati's star

Super fun block!

This was the first time I've had the chance to use Pure Elements - the light grey background solid. What an amazing fabric for paper piecing! The hand of the fabric allows for very crisply pressed seams. I would love a whole rainbow stack of it.

3 comments:

Kati said...

Love it Angela! What a great pattern.

Cyndi loves to stitch said...

That is one cool star, she has soo many great stars/blocks on that site and you picked a great one. I love the colors you chose too. I'm sure she will love it. And what an amazing collection of greys that is...virtually none existent in this part of the state(world). I find one or two in a store never a collection...... maybe a reason to shop online, but like to support local shops if possible.

Unknown said...

I am feel so happy after watching this paper pieced star pattern, colour combination, material and many more. You have done great work.

Fabric Store