Monday, August 24, 2009

Cooler than housework

While I have been scraping and recaulking the tub my brother has been in Aberdeen, Scotland eating haggis and flying in one of these....



Out to a North Sea oil rig in survival gear. He designs and builds flight simulators. I think he goes on these test flights to help gather data so that the simulator will react a close to reality as possible.




I don't know which is more frightening, the haggis or the crazy test flights! On a simpler note, here is a happy little gnome home I made.

And I have been making my way around the edge of my picnic blanket. The kids are in school but summer has not officially ended, so I won't count it late, yet!

9 comments:

Life of Joy said...

Where do you find your beautiful fabric? I am doing my first quilt now and I have had the hardest time finding fabric I love.

jess said...

Lovely quilt. VERY lovely brother.
; )

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Wow brave brother! Lovely fabric.

One Flew Over said...

Lovely quilt, looking forward to seeing the finished product...and...your little gnome looks VERY happy in his new digs x

Andi said...

Which is more scary?
The haggis!
Definitely the haggis!!
Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt.
Andi :-)

Leslie said...

i would love to be in Scotland right now...the quilt is looking amazing. that gnome is more than cute!

Doris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kris said...

I love your gnome home!

L Johnson said...

Love that quilt and the clips you use to holt the binding in place is such a great idea!!!