Monday, August 24, 2009

Cooler than housework

While I have been scraping and recaulking the tub my brother has been in Aberdeen, Scotland eating haggis and flying in one of these....



Out to a North Sea oil rig in survival gear. He designs and builds flight simulators. I think he goes on these test flights to help gather data so that the simulator will react a close to reality as possible.




I don't know which is more frightening, the haggis or the crazy test flights! On a simpler note, here is a happy little gnome home I made.

And I have been making my way around the edge of my picnic blanket. The kids are in school but summer has not officially ended, so I won't count it late, yet!

9 comments:

Life of Joy said...

Where do you find your beautiful fabric? I am doing my first quilt now and I have had the hardest time finding fabric I love.

jess said...

Lovely quilt. VERY lovely brother.
; )

Jocelyn said...

Wow brave brother! Lovely fabric.

One Flew Over said...

Lovely quilt, looking forward to seeing the finished product...and...your little gnome looks VERY happy in his new digs x

Andi said...

Which is more scary?
The haggis!
Definitely the haggis!!
Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt.
Andi :-)

Leslie said...

i would love to be in Scotland right now...the quilt is looking amazing. that gnome is more than cute!

Doris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kris said...

I love your gnome home!

Anonymous said...

Love that quilt and the clips you use to holt the binding in place is such a great idea!!!