Friday, August 28, 2009

Quilting by Twilight


...the series that is. Crazy new obsession! I put off even picking up the first book until last week. If that many tweens and teens are that crazy about it, I couldn't imagine liking it at all. I usually read old-style science fiction (Herbert, Asimov, Clarke, Tolkien)


I'm super lucky that our library is really good. They have had downloadable audio books for a while, but just added the ability to transfer them to your ipod, so I had to try it out. I almost gave up on Twilight during the first few chapters, but was plugging away on HSTs and was too lazy to switch to something else.


I got sucked in. Now I totally want my own hot vampire and Alice to be my best friend.



A most enjoyable way to spend some chain piecing hours!

And just a note about the Munki Munki jammies I had in my last post. I've had several questions and thought I would post a link for everybody here. I feel a bit like a drug pusher, luring unsuspecting innocents into a new addiction! Here's a new flicker group dedicated to the craziness!

9 comments:

jess said...

Ugh I don't think I could pay $80 for a pair of jammies, but they are so cute! I have yet to be dragged into the Twilight series, but maybe I will give it a try. Didn't do Harry Potter either, much to my friends' disgust.
Love those colors btw. :)

Life of Joy said...

I forgot to reply about your comment from my book list. I have read the whole Twilight series and thought it was very good.

My husband read them also (don't tell anyone) and he is a big sci-fi fan. Orson Scott Card is his favorite.

I also thought the movie was good.

Little Lady Patchwork said...

Can't wait to see your new quilt!

After your last post and email, I googled Munki Munki and now I completely understand the obsession! They are so cute no matter what you do with the PJs!

Leslie said...

oooh i love the quilt blocks you are working with...i recognize some of that? Are you using a turnover of snippets? love it

One Flew Over said...

I just bought the book today! Can't wait to get stuck into it!

Love you triangle blocks x

Marianne Penner said...

Yay, another Twilight convert! I got sucked in a few weeks ago too. It took me about 2 weeks to read all four as well as piecing my zig zag quilt. Now I've been making cards with Edward on them. I know, I need HELP. I posted the Edward cards by myself and my daughter on my blog today, If you have time, take a look and let me know what you think.

Marianne Penner said...

I forgot to mention. I am loving your half square triangles. Beautiful fabrics!

Karen said...

Those Twilight books do have a way of sucking people in! I liked them, but they are pretty corny too. I didnt like the last one as much though. My daughteres even ent to Edward parties that the author attended.

I'm having fun checking out all the munki munki pictures. You have gotten me so interested and I haven't even bought any of the pjs yet! That's how an addiction starts-get the people interested first!

Doris said...

You lucky girl, Angela. I hit three stores last week, no luck. I had a dream last night that I found some at TJM, is that I sign I need to hit them again today?