Friday, August 28, 2009

Lucky Day!

I started with some good karma by volunteering to make a return for my husband. The store is in one of those nearby burbs that seems close but takes a frustrating 30 minutes to actually reach. I brought the garmin and thought I would just give one more try in the crazy search for PJs to cut.




Right in front of the first store, Becket found a dime. And inside I found those fun yoga girls! I did a tiny happy dance. This is the first time I actually found some of the coveted Munki Munki, in extra large no less.



Second stop (there are a crazy six of these stores within 10 miles, and 25 within about 20 miles, so it was easy to stop at a few) and I really did squeal a bit when I saw more yoga girls and two others - Martians and Ice cream trucks. Those cute ice cream trucks will look great in my pink and orange star quilt.



Speaking of the stars, I got two more of them done.


Gram is coming to visit on Sunday, so I'm off to clean up a bit. I can't wait to show her all the current works in progress!

14 comments:

Life of Joy said...

I am sorry. You seem to have become my to go for all things quilting questions and you do not even know me. I just love your fabric and designs.

I feel stupid asking this but am I reading this right. You are getting cute pajamas and cutting those up for quilt blocks? It makes sense just have not thought of it.

Where are you finding your great quilt/block designs?

I am just now starting to realize the infinitesimal possibilities. I am completing my first quilt top tonight.

Angie said...

I love the yoga and ice cream truck fabric it is so so cute. Are you going to cut this fabric up and use it in your quilts?

Angie

Autumn said...

I never get that lucky. I've found one, thus far. Those cute elephants. The yoga girls are darling........

Buy a lotto ticket.....you're a lucky girl!

Leslie said...

oh i love the unicorn star...those yoga girls are way too fun and too cute

Karen said...

I'm just like the first commenter: I am so curious about this fabric-is it pajamas? And what are they called? They are such darling prints-please, please tell me more! I want to go on a search too!

Anonymous said...

hooray for the munki finds! Isn't that the funnest? I love me some munki. Love the stars you are making!

amy smart said...

great finds!

I think your stars are adorable.

beth said...

yes! you need to enlighten us...where did the fabric come from?...it's great!

peaknits said...

I'm so glad to know I am not the only person doing the happy dance in the jammie section of Marshall's. I found the yoga, aliens and pink kittys - it was a good day! Have fun making more of your awesome stars!

Little Lady Patchwork said...

Hi Angela!

I must be total crazy, but is Munki Munki? I feel TOTALLY from another planet because I am clueless!

Anyway, they are adorable!

Thanks for your help

Jodie B-C said...

Those stars are adorable! You know, I have a uniform top for work made from the VW bus fabric... one of these days I'm going to be short one uniform!!

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

Congrats on your finds... I have checked out a few stores lately with no luck(yet).

Love the wonky stars.

I also love the name of your blog - I have two boys and feel the same way!

leigh said...

you were so lucky to find some munki! i haven't found any yet.

Anonymous said...

Now that I know we are practically neighbors, I must know where you found those! LOL I've been to the Marshalls (or TJMax...) in Danada and by Fox Valley with no luck. I just figured we didn't have them out here!