Friday, August 21, 2009

Fun Birthday Sewing

School is back in session - already! The boys are liking their teachers and seeing friends. The 3yr old is wandering around sad with no brothers to play with all day.
And no mommy paying attention yesterday either, as I actually completed a sewing project!


A few of us moms get together for breakfast out in the first days of school, and today is also the birthday for one. So I made her Amy Butler's document duvet and photo holder.


I debated all week on what to make and in what fabrics, and finally decided on the classic linen with those cute goldfish that I had yet to use.





I love that little guy! Hopefully she does, too.


11 comments:

patty a. said...

Angela, this is so cute! I didn't even know there was a pattern out there for something like this. I will have to track it down. I did go to JoAnn's and buy some linen. It hasn't made it into a quilt yet - I have been busy gutting two bathrooms.

Kris said...

I love it, Angela! The fishies are perfect (I really wish it wasn't out of print!) and I love the pattern. I think I would feel so much better about carrying about my work papers in something like this! Great job!

Autumn said...

those are darling. I love the linen paired with HR. Good choice!

Anonymous said...

Very cute, I did see this on Amy Butlers website. I like your better though!!

Leslie said...

these are such great gifts!!! those fish are adorable

One Flew Over said...

Perfect use of fabric! Gorgeous! Love those fish against the linen!

Blue is Bleu said...

So adorable!! That's one of my favourite prints ever... very lovely!!

peaknits said...

So sweet! What a darling gift...and to part with OOP Heather Ross, you're so generous:)

amy smart said...

Fabulous. I LOVE Swimmy. If she doesn't like it, you can send it my way. :)

Nicole said...

It is an adorable present.

Anonymous said...

Love the fishy fabric! And pairing it with the linen.