Thursday, April 23, 2009

Coin Top Done


close 2, originally uploaded by banquopack.

I finished my coin top last night. I really love Moda's Neptune line and used 3 charm packs. The sashing is white linen. I thought it would give a nice beachy/summery texture.

I plan on piecing six squares for the back that will feature my favorite charms. But I goofed and didn't get enough white linen for the whole back, so I may throw in some sand-colored oxford cloth from the stash. I can't wait to see what this looks like all quilted and crinkly, but I have to sidetrack to Medieval costume making for my 6th grader's big speech next week.

4 comments:

kangaroo said...

oh just get right out of town. moda's neptune line (in blue and green) is the basis for my stacked coins quilt too. this is gorgeous, the blues really tie it together; it's interesting and really celebrates the fabric choices. good luck on the costume... you are REALLY springing to finish!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

This quilt top is awesome. I also love Neptune and I think you enhanced the fabric so well.

Red Pepper Quilts - Rita Hodge said...

Oh that is lovely. I love coin quilts - its gorgeous! Thanks also for the nice comments you left on my blog! You actually got to go to The Fabric Shack! Oooh I am so envious! That would be a dream come true. Thanks for checking in on my blog. Will be tracking yours. Regards, Rita

amy smart said...

Oh, I think this quilt looks so cool. I love coin quilts and I really like how you used the colors on this one. Can't wait to see it quilted. You do an amazing job!