Monday, November 09, 2009

mini eight: colors

I showed my Mom and Dad the Snippets quilt I did a while ago with two turnovers. My Dad especially liked it - the even geometry of the layout appealed to him as much as it had to me. So, I had to make a mini version for my tea table.



It was actually a bit easier - I find half square triangles from squares nicer to deal with than starting with triangles to begin with.



My mom helped me out and hand stitched the binding on this and one other quilt. She got attached and has claimed this as hers!


I have the big tablecloth quilt done, but need some non-gloomy weather to get good photos. I know I'm nearing the finish line, besides the fact that I am totally unable to come up with a good name for this little quilt, I went out and bought a bunch of fabrics and patterns for some new projects! I'll share those later this week, too.
(I turned off these comments since I keep getting spammed on this one message!)

9 comments:

Audrie said...

So I'll give you my address and you'll send these to me... yes?

They're beyond gorgeous! Love! Can't wait to see your tablecloth quilt all done :)

Dee said...

How 'bout "Twirling Star Snowflakes" or "Candy Cane Stars"? This is such a pretty pattern. Congratulations on being one day closer and that much more finished!

Aren't moms awesome!

Diane said...

That snail is so darn cute!

Kris said...

Ooh! I like this one too! What about "swirling stars"?

Rene' said...

Love it!!! Those half square triangles are great. Sorry, can't help with the name. I'm having my own issues in that department ;-))

Little Lady Patchwork said...

Ohhhh..they are all so cute! I can't wait to see the tablecloth quilt!

I wish that I could be there to see the whole table put together in person!

Life of Joy said...

Beautiful job.

Leslie said...

this is so pretty...i wish i could see them all in person. beautiful!

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

another adorable one... you are going to have to share all these patterns when you are done!