Monday, November 23, 2009

Mini eleven: Figgy Wreath

The last one! My sister in law decided she wanted to keep the snow man mini , so I only needed to make one for my Mom (to make up for the extra mini I kept!)

I've had this paper piece pattern (I've bought several of her patterns - love them!) in my quilts-to-do file for quite a while. Now they're popping up everywhere and I thought it would make a pretty Figgy Pudding wreath.



Since I didn't need to keep with the vertical and fits-the-chair thing like all the others, I was able to make this guy a bit bigger at 18" x 15". My mom really liked the brown Christmas tree one, so I went with the dark background for the paper pieced geese.


Knowing I was making it for Mom, I used two of her favorite prints. The poinsettia and that wonderful red damask pattern.



I had to sneak in just a few more Munki Munki snowmen. They look at home with the strips on the back.



Mark finished up all the pictures of the Advent Tea. Here's a link to his SmugMug page if you're curious what all the tables were like.


Now, go look at the cool pattern Julie just put up with my beloved Figgy Pudding. I have plenty for extra fabric to make my own. And I was just thinking that this would make a great charger for the settings for next year!

8 comments:

CitricSugar said...

I asked for a bunch of this fabric for Christmas and love seeing all the wonderful ways you have been using it. Love the flying geese "wreath"!

Kris said...

I love the last one you made and what a great idea to use that tutorial to make chargers!

Dee said...

And the holiday sweetness just keeps on coming! This is so lovely and the poinsettia and damask are lovely!

Bless you and bless your mom!

Jenny said...

Oh, I've been admiring that wreath around blogland, it looks great with your figgy love.

Leslie said...

you are incredibly prolific with this figgy pudding....you are amazing

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

thanks for the shout out... and i so want to make this one.. adorable!!

Little Lady Patchwork said...

You did such a great job on all of your mini quilts. I love that you made each one different to give them a special touch! I don't think that I could have parted with any of them!

Gosh...just wait until next year!....I think that everyone will be trying to sit at your table.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Diane said...

Wow... another one... but its for Mom, so I can understand :) This one turned out just as lovely!