Friday, November 20, 2009

OK deep breath

I head out for the morning run to the grocery store. My route takes me past the 5th grader's school.


There are 2 ambulances, 4 huge fire trucks, and firemen on the roof. Little bit of a freak out there! I, along with all the other moms that saw this as they ran their morning, pulled over and decided if we needed to have a major panic attack or not.



It turns out - not. My son's class was partying it up in the grass - doing the macarena dance. There was a fire in the boy's bathroom, put out and contained. But now there's smoke and water damage. The kids were all loaded onto buses and sent to my 7th grader's school where they will hang out in the gym and be fed some kind of lunch. A dream come true adventure day I'm sure!

I went over to enter for some Flea Market Fancy goodness. You should, too. I feel better now.

8 comments:

Dee said...

Sew glad all were safe...how scary! Reminds me of the time Bean pulled the fire alarm during preschool pick up for Middlest! All the kids were liking our family that day! LOL

Take care and hug them all tight tonight for good measure!

Leslie said...

phew!! so glad that your kids are ok!

Anonymous said...

Someone is going to be in some trouble! Glad your son is fine and thought it was an adventure! Best wishes in the FMF contest!!

Kris said...

oh my gosh, what a scare! Glad everything's okay.

Allie said...

I can just imagine what a terrible scare that must have been, I'm so glad everything turned out fine!

Little Lady Patchwork said...

What a great way to make yourself feel better! I hope that you win...and I am glad that everything turned out to be ok!

Karen said...

Oh Wow! That is scary! I'm glad everything was okay! Thanks for the info on the FMF giveaway. Oh I would love, love to win one of those prizes!

Laura said...

Thank goodness everyone was OK.