Wednesday, November 18, 2009

New Fabric mmmmmm

Well, to fill the void of a big project done, I found several fat quarters and a few patterns that needed a home. I must be thinking spring, looking over that collection.



If you have ever made a quilt from children's artwork - let me know. I have committed to making **FOUR** auction quilts, due in late February/early March.

Three are preschool, but I'm most worried about the one for 80+ 5th graders. How to have them make some cool fabric to use in a quilt, without it looking lame, and that adults will bid on. That's the question!

I made a flickr gallery (cool new tool!) with some ideas once the artwork is gathered.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the fabric! Best wishes on your new projects!!!

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

sounds like an interesting challenge!!

Leslie said...

loving the fabrics...i sees some favorites in there

Zarina said...

I have made by printing their drawings on to the fabric. But then these are for a special little people. Uploading in the Flickr page.

Zarina said...

I have made by printing their drawings on to the fabric. But then these are for a special little people. Uploading in the Flickr page.

Rene' said...

I'll be interested to see what you come up with...especially for the fifth grade quilt as I have a fifth grader myself...preschool ones are easier because you can always do handprints or their drawings. When my daughter was in preschool I won their class quilt which was made with their handprints and names. Good luck.

beth said...

Looks like you have some fun projects ahead!! older kids can draw pics and cut the shapes out of fabric with steam-a-seam on the back. (you would then zig-zag the pieces down).I've done it before with some success. You have to emphasize SIMPLE when it comes to the picture they draw.

sharon said...

Hi Angela!
New to this so hope this one makes it through.. For older kids, how about having them draw/color/non-washable marker theme blocks....like businesses around town? I quilted one like that for a local community fire dept fundraiser and some of the grandmothers were fighting over it!