Friday, April 23, 2010

Blistered be thy tongue!

{Romeo and Juliet}Today is Talk Like Shakespeare Day here in Chicago, and that has been my favorite line since Freshman year in high school.

More importantly, I have a winner of these lovely fabrics...... Meg - a college student that loves to sew. Send me your address and I'll get these off to you!

Thanks for all the nice words and hellos from everybody! I also found several new blogs to add to my reader.


I have the top and a back pieced for my huge shoo fly quilt.

And a little pile of fun for the small quilt I'll make from the ousted lemon shoo fly block.


I must leave with one more Shakespeare quote - he shouts the best insults: Away, you scullion! you rampallian! you fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe. {Henry IV}

8 comments:

*Cornelia* said...

what a cute fly fabric, love them

Dee said...

One of my faves is "Though this be madness, yet there is method in it."

Kinda how I feel about parenting sometimes. And quilting!

Beautiful pictures that are inspiring and motivational!

Leslie said...

love all the shakespeare...congrats to meg

Life of Joy said...

Lucky Meg. I was secretly hoping my luck would change for those beautiful fabrics.

I have some money burning in my paypal account. I might have to get some flies (I mean fabric).

Stephanie said...

Your shoo fly quilt is looking great, and I can't wait to see what that honeycomb bee fabric will be turned into :)

chris baker said...

that fabric is WAY cute!! and your shoo fly quilt is looking awesome.

Sarah Craig said...

Love your shoo fly quilt - and I think you made the right decision changing out the lemons. I just finished putting my top together today - how are you going to quilt yours? I'm still trying to decide.... would love to hear your thoughts!

CitricSugar said...

Zounds! Quilting and Shakespeare belong together in my mind... :-)