Thursday, May 07, 2009

Finishing is good

I was indecisive yesterday - nothing seemed right. So I went to flicker and opened this - I really love her color sense - then made an online visit to the Fabric Shack. I'll be sure to share that nice package when it arrives!


Motivation finally moved me last night and I got the binding sewn on the Neptune quilt. Becket declared it 'Beautiful, it sure is'.

Big up side to actually getting things done, is I now have a tidy little pile of the black tone-on-tone left over from the binding ends! Since I cut my binding strips 2.5" wide, I was able to quickly chop it into squares for my 9-patch blocks.

Speaking of which, I'm having a FreeSpirit fest with them this week. These are some more of my favorite fabrics that I had not been able to cut.

7 comments:

Dresden Quilter said...

I love your Neptune quilt and the fabric for the 9 patch looks great. I love the idea of cutting up the extra binding. I had not thought about that.

Liz Jimenez said...

Love the Neptune line. I have a charm pack just begging to be used. I may do a baby or doll quilt for my etsy shop with it. And that black makes for a wonderful binding! Lovely!

I usually do my binding in 2.25" strips, but I may have to do the next one in 2.5 so I can use the extras for the quilt-along!

kangaroo said...

i am LOVING that binding!!

One Flew Over said...

The binding looks fantastic and I adore those fishies! So cute

suesueb said...

love those colors on your quilt! i think that the red and blue are inspiring us all. p.s. your pincushion is darling too!!

Red Pepper Quilts - Rita Hodge said...

Love the fabrics for your Nine-Patch Quilt-Along. Thanks for linking to my Flickr photo! I am glad this quilt inspired you. I too get a lot of inspiration from Flickr. I also purchase a LOT of fabric from Fabric Shack, they have great range and fabulous quick service! Enjoy quilting! Hope you have a great weekend!

Rita
Red Pepper Quilts

Kelli said...

You're nine-patches are going to be fantastic! Well worth the effort it took to cut into that beautiful fabric.