Sunday, May 03, 2009

First 9-patches

My first week's worth of 9-patches for the One a Day Quilt Along! I think these gnomes and hedgehogs will be my favorites of the whole thing. One gnome block is fussy cut - the other is the remnants of those cuts, but I liked how it seemed as though they were hiding in there.
These were my indecisive blocks. I wasn't sure 4 or 5 mushrooms per - and pink or green birds? So I did them both. I'm not sure if I love the mushroom blocks.

As I was looking over the stash bins and the few scraps I have, I was trying to figure out what I will put together for future blocks. I have a nice Park Slope set for this week - not sure on many others. And then I was trying to decide how everything was going to relate to each other at the end. I finally decided that when the end came and I was laying out all 70 blocks, any blocks that were totally out of place can go on the back!

10 comments:

kangaroo said...

those fussy cut gnomes are just about the cutest things i've ever seen. LOVE that lemon fabric, too!

Leslie said...

great fabrics and combinations...i am starting this 9 patch a day as well and i am way ahead right now...storing up for the days when i wont get anything done

Liz Jimenez said...

Love those! I already have a few that I'm not sure I love. But hey, with 70 of them, we can't be totally enamored of each one of them, right? And the total effect will be a good one, even if there are individual blocks we don't adore.

At least, that's what I'm telling myself. :-) I have a relatively small stash, compared to a lot of "real" quilters, so I already feel like I'm running out fabric that I like. Darn, may have to go shopping....

Mushyhed said...

LOVE all the blocks but the gnomes and hedgehogs are my favorites too. Do you want scraps of the cream/ orange dots that I used for my orange block? I think it tames the brightness of the orange. It's by Moda but I don't remember what line. Let me know, I'll be happy to send you some. I love looking at other people's blocks. So many great blocks!

Jo (sparkly green knickers) said...

Love those garden gnomes!

One Flew Over said...

These look great! I especiall love the gnomes...too sweet :) I need to get cracking on my patchs!

Hannah said...

I love the gnomes and the mushrooms! They're super cute. Great job on your patches, I can't wait to see the finished product!

Mark said...

Your 9 patches look great, love the gnomes and mushrooms!

Mrs. Gray's Class said...

Love the fabric you've chosen - the prints really pop!

Anonymous said...

the gnomes and hedgehogs are my fave too! love them =)