Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Tool Tuesday

I just had to share how awesome this Sewline fabric pencil is! It was part of the cool prize package I won from Moda before Christmas.

I must say I was a tad skeptical that the Sewline pencil would be any different than the 5 other marking tools I already had - none of which work all that well.
I think my mouth dropped open then first time I used it. That is my black binding fabric for the Neptune coin quilt I'm working on. [yes, I have to draw the line]

The white ceramic lead draws an amazingly smooth, clear, crisp line. One pass! And it comes off with a dab of water or the eraser attached to the other end! Just like a regular mechanical pencil, it holds 6 leads and the package came with a 6-lead refill. There are also other colors for light fabric. Since I totally lucked out and got it for free, I don't even know how much thing runs. But whatever it is, it's worth every cent!
You need it. You'll love it. Go get one now!

I thought I would give a little peak of the freshly quilted Neptune this binding will go on, but you get Becket, too. He grabbed the other digital camera for the photo shoot....

And got some better pictures than I did, I think!

While downloading, I found one of me setting up the pencil shot - not long before he has his own blog!

7 comments:

Liz Jimenez said...

I must really be going off the quilting deep-end if I have fabric-pencil envy....

:-)

Dresden Quilter said...

Well, that pencil really is amazing. I read a tip somewhere for getting markings off of quilts, if you need water to do so. You can use an aquadoodle marker. This sounds great but I have not yet tried it. I have pencil envy too now.

Kelli said...

Really? Yay! I've been so frustrated with ANY fabric marking tool I've tried. I'll add it to my list of must-haves. Thank you!

One Flew Over said...

Wow - the quilt looks great. Your quilting is just beautiful!

Mark said...

I was wondering about these, will have to give one a go now! Thanks!

Red Pepper Quilts - Rita Hodge said...

Neptune looks fantastic! And that nifty little Sewline Pencil is going to have to find its way here too! Can't wait to try a pencil that works well and is easily removed! Thanks!

Christy said...

Ooh, I want one of those pencils! I am with you on the angst over bad marking tools.