Monday, May 11, 2009

Week two 9-patches

My second week of 9-patch blocks were a Free Spirit fest. I have been hording Park Slope - I'm strangely drawn to it. It was fun to actually use it! The pebbles are my favorites, though, and I have them in all three colorways.

I also tossed in some cute Heather Ross fish to add to the fun!

I was going to do a block with the solid pink and Mendocino mermaids, but I didn't think the scale was going to work.

I finally hung my first quilt, and I'm so happy with how it looks on the wall. I was motivated to do it one morning, and it was just me and the 3 yr old. I had him take a picture while I held it on the wall so I could decided on placement. That actually worked out really well. I only had to mount the holders to the wall once!

7 comments:

Liz Jimenez said...

Love the nine-patches! Bright without being overwhelmingly so.

And way to go, the hung quilt looks lovely!

Anonymous said...

Your nine patches look great and I love that quilt!

imquilternity said...

Lovely quilt and I love your nine patches.

One Flew Over said...

Quilt looks great on the wall!

Mushyhed said...

Thank you for my sweet surprise in the mail today. You didn't have to do that! I love your new nine patches!! So pretty. Your quilt looks great hanging up.

Rachel said...

I like the colors of your wall quilt. It goes great with your chair!

Red Pepper Quilts - Rita Hodge said...

Your nine-patches are so colorful, this is going to be a fabulous quilt. The quilt looks great on the wall. You are so organised! I would love to hand one of my quilts, but just never get around to it.

Rita