Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Last minute sewing?

These were all made for a friend's birthday celebration today, but they would make nice, quick gifts if you still need something for teachers or friends.

Kellie of Don't Look Now has a great tissue cozy tutorial. I did mine with Amy Butler lined in linen. This was the first one I made and it was the perfect size - the new tissue pack fit exactly. That's a good tutorial that works exactly on your first try!




My friend specifically asked for a water bottle holder this summer when she saw the others I made. Pink Chalk Studio has a really great, free pattern - and I was super happy with the fabrics I finally chose! I stood in front of my cabinet for quite a while trying to pick out what I thought she would like.


I made this one a tad larger again, so it will fit Gatorade bottles or big waters. The main body is 1" longer side-to-side and the bottom circle is only 1/4" bigger in diameter. The height is the same.
Finally, a group of cute little covered button book marks. She liked all her little gifts!
Now I just have to finish the four teachers gifts for preschool and the 5th grader. I'm loving making them and will share the tutorial link and photos when they're done tomorrow.

10 comments:

Jenny said...

Im wondering about your book marks...did you use a kit? Im wondering about how to do these...possibly without a kit. everything looks great.

amy smart said...

Cute, cute gifts! I'm inspired.

Dee said...

Too cute and how thoughtful of you! I made friendship bags and filled them with cookies, chocolate covered pretzels and peanut brittle!


Can't wait for the bookmark tutorial!

Rene' said...

Great gifts. I can see why your friend liked them all. I, too, am looking forward to seeing how you did the button bookmarks. I love all the fabrics you chose for each project.

Unknown said...

Wow, I love everything your made. Very thoughtful and quick gifts to make. Lovely!

Leslie said...

look at you go. i love the tissue holder and the linen you used. it always makes such a great contrast to a pretty floral...

Anonymous said...

Love those bookmarks!

Little Lady Patchwork said...

Great gift ideas! Can't wait for more......

CitricSugar said...

Gorgeous! I love your fabric choices for these gifts - and last minute sewing... we've all been there!!!

Rebekah said...

great projects! Love the linen trim on the tissue holder.