Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Bliss is....Learning

New stuff - I love learning new stuff.

When I was knitting all the time, I kept moving through different techniques. Always eager to learn a new stitch or method.


When I started my Gram's table topper yesterday, I was excited to pull out my sewing machine's manual. I thought I would learn how to do a nice blanket stitch for some raw edge circles. I can't imagine my Gram enjoying the little strings that come off for a while with a soft raw edge.


After fiddling a bit and testing a bit I dove into my lovely Bliss layer cake and came away with some beautiful blocks. I really enjoyed the machines back and forth rhythm as I made my way around the circles.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

That is so cool! I'm going to have to try that with my machine...

Jennifer :)

Anonymous said...

Very nice blanket stitch and love the peek at bliss!

Leslie said...

oh my goodness these look so great. i bet my machine does blanket stitch. i should check that out.

Stephanie said...

I've used that stitch too, but definitely not enough. Your circles look great!!!!

Dee said...

Looking great! What awesome control on the curved stitching!

Sarah Craig said...

I love my machine's decorative stitches, but it seems sometimes like I'm too impatient to wait for them! So much slower than straight stitch - but I need to learn to be patient to get those lovely results!