Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Circle Tip

I wanted to share my tip for doing circles like the raw edge in the last post and the turned/pieced ones I've done for past quilts.


Use a CD. It is the perfect size for a charm pack! And I have also found that the curve is nice for stitching - I can usually make it around the edge, gently turning, without having to stop and constantly adjust my angle.



And look, it was posing so nicely on my new Dream On charm pack {and a few extra treats} - my goodie bag from Heather's birthday party. Amy sent it from Australia - that is some of the coolest mail to get. Seriously, Australia is so far away, and even with all the great blogs I read from there, it's hard for me to think of it as a real place sometimes.



At the same time my mail box had this swap from Julie. She sent along some extra Hawaii charms from Natalie - and a bit of yardage. I have a plan for my Hawaii trip fabric and this is the perfect addition. And it was a swap - so no stash in - woohoo!

So it's a good thing these happy packages arrived, as it may have saved me from a complete implosion. How many days left until school starts?

Evidently I'm ruining my children's lives - they have told me numerous times so I don't forget.

That CD at the top and many others are available because their computer's mouse broke and I refuse to replace it this summer.



TV remotes have gone missing.....(the actual TV was too heavy for me to haul away)



And the Wii tools are also MIA



And look at this poor DVD player from the downstairs TV. You can see my fingerprints in the dust from when I ripped it out of the cabinet, disconnected the ability to hook up to cable, and tossed it in a dark corner.

They WILL *DO* summer.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are brilliant, who does not have at least 10 of these either unwanted or unused CD/DVD's laying around;0) Maybe you could place balls and rackets in the place of these pesky summer wasters! Oh water toys would be good too;0)

Sarah Craig said...

Where shall I mail my "Meanest Mother In The World" badge? Because I think you just took it away from me!!! What a hoot!!

Mary P said...

MWAHAHAHA. This is awesome. I love that you have "ruined their life". If I have kids I'll definitely do this!

Leslie said...

uh oh!!! that is so funny that you took it all away! i love the fabric you got. i am in love with the dream on.

Meghan said...

hahahaha! I'm sure they think you're ruining their lives now, but they'll remember this summer fondly someday when they realize it was filled with more than computers, nintendo games and movies :)

Alyson said...

Same fight going on at our house!! Love it. Your blog looks great by the way!!

em's scrapbag said...

That's great! Love what you have done with the electronics. Mean Moms unite. The circle tip is great.

Stephanie said...

I love that you disconnected your home! Way to enjoy the summer :) Sometimes I feel like doing that myself, although if it were up to my husband he might disconnect my sewing machine, and that would leave me quite cranky! haha

Kris said...

I love your strategy with the boys! You'll have to keep us updated on what happens... :)

AnneMarie said...

This is the battle I have to look forward to?? At least you're giving me idea on how to fight it!

CitricSugar said...

You are awesome!! Summer: Unplugged. Brings back memories of how we used to kick it old school... Haha! Books and playing flags, mosquito bites and popsicles. Good times.

Love the circle trick, too!

soggybottomflats said...

omg, this is the best yet! You go girl, good job, Elaine