Thursday, October 07, 2010

Advent Tea 2010

Last year I made a ton of minis and one large quilt for the Women's Advent Tea my church does each year.  I had already decided I don't have the time to do a table myself, the way I would like to do it, for this year.


But one of the women in charge of the Tea called last weekend - she said that so many had talked about my quilty table, they hoped I could donate a quilt for the raffle this year.


Perfect!  I certainly have the time to make one lap quilt. 
  

Figgy Pudding is still my favorite holiday fabric, so I'm going that direction with color.

I pulled out the graph paper, some markers, and sketched away.  
(I could not find a maroon marker, so the purple had to stand in)




A little bit modern, a little bit traditional - hoping to grab the attention of both the younger and older crowd.   Due mid November.

13 comments:

Cyndi loves to stitch said...

graph paper and figgy fabrics, perfrect combo. love the sketch!!! can't wait to see it in fabric. The ones you did last year were fabulous!!!!

leigh said...

Love the design! Especially those stripes.

Dresden Quilter said...

It definitely gets my attention! Absolutely wonderful.

Vicki said...

it's going to be pretty!
I remember your blog posts from last year with all the figgy pudding mini quilts... you did amazing work on those!

Anne D said...

I loved your minis last year and cant wait to see what you come up with!!

Rene' said...

I was in awe of all your minis last year! Your sketch of this year's lap quilt is intriguing. Can't wait to see it in progress.

Kris said...

What a great design that rides the line between the older and younger crowd! I'm excited to see it come together!

Leslie said...

this is going to be amazing. i love it. you are so great to do this again.

Karen said...

Your quilts from last year were/are stunning. Good luck with this one!

Rebekah said...

that is such a cute fabric line and so generous of you to donate your time! I like what you've sketched up so far and can't wait to see the finished quilt.

Lee said...

I LOVE Figgy Pudding - I'm also doing a quilt in that right now. Your sketch looks amazing!

BTW, I'm a new follower - came over from GenX Quilters.

Stephanie said...

Very cool! Can't wait too see it all done.

Diane said...

This is going to be lovely. I was a big fan out your minis last year, but have no idea where you got the time to do them all! It was impresive!